Loan Service Associate
Start a new career with us! Join our team and you’ll be working in a job where you can use your problem solving skills as well as strong administrative and communication skills.
On a daily basis, you’ll organize multiple loan projects, interpret and follow detailed written and oral instructions, add new and existing loan account information, balance accounts, process loan paperwork, and verify input. We expect strong Excel, Word and other Office skills. Experience in basic accounting will be a plus. At Bank of Prairie du Sac, our culture embraces teamwork, quality service, integrity, respect and professionalism. We are a top-rated community bank with over 100 years of history in banking.
Provide quality customer service, accurate data entry of new loans, payments and General Ledger items, and efficient disbursements of tax, PMI, homeowners and flood insurance while servicing mortgage, commercial and consumer loans.
- Process loan related payments, disbursements, payoffs and general ledger transactions
- Respond to payoff requests and prepare payoff documentation and mortgage releases within designated time frames
- New loan data entry of mortgage, commercial and consumer loans
- Process payments for real estate tax bills, including receipt and disbursements
- Process payments for insurance premiums due from customer escrow accounts
- Coordinate annual escrow analysis
- Monitor NSF checks and exceptions reports
- Perform quality review of mortgage, commercial and consumer loans
- Balance daily work and filing correspondence
- Research and respond to requests for information within designated time frames
- Complete monthly reporting to Freddie Mac
- Complete monthly report to the Credit Bureaus
- Promptly answer department related incoming phone calls
- Provide quality customer service to our loan customers
- Image mortgage loan documentation
- Image various types of loan related documents
- Assist in small claims processing
- Be aware of, and research as needed, loan related compliance requirements
Business Development Functions
Refers customers to other departments if additional assistance or services are needed.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Associates Degree in business, accounting or finance preferred
- 2-3 years loan servicing experience including strong administrative skills, or related experience
- Strong interpersonal and computer skills, accuracy with numbers and attention to detail essential
Ability to accurately input data into computer, understand the forms and regulations, and communicate with customers. Computer operation with strong knowledge of software like Excel and Word, and ability to operate office equipment necessary. Utilize Outlook for required internal reminders.
To perform this job successfully, each essential job duty must be completed satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office environment. Office space may be confined. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; and reach with hands and arms. The employee often is required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and occasionally required to stoop, or kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This is a non-exempt position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. See benefit listing.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Bank of Prairie du Sac, P.O. Box 130, Prairie du Sac, WI 53578. Equal Opportunity Employer.