We have a new opportunity—just for you! Join our team and you’ll be working with our Controller to accurately process the financial records of the bank. At Bank of Prairie du Sac, this is a job where you can make a difference and keep learning.
You will be expected to perform general accounting duties to prepare, maintain, and process accounting records and financial transactions, including accounts payable, general ledger accounts, and payroll processing.
Ideal candidates will have a minimum associate degree in accounting preferred. As a self-starter you will have excellent organizational and analytical skills, demonstrated attention to detail, and proficiency with Excel and Word required. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Bank of Prairie du Sac is a strong community bank that offers stability to both customers and employees. We have consistently received a 5 star rating from Bauer Financial.
Under the direction of the Controller, the Staff Accountant performs general accounting duties in accordance with prescribed procedures and accounting practices. Will prepare, maintain, and process accounting records and financial transactions, including accounts payable, general ledger entries, and payroll processing.
- Compile and analyze financial information in order to prepare journal entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Assist with processing month-end and year-end reports for management and board review.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of quarterly Call Reports.
- Reconcile bank accounts and other company financial accounts; investigate discrepancies in accounts and make corrections as needed.
- Process accounts payable transactions. Enter and review invoices, resolve discrepancies, print checks to pay invoices and maintain/balance accounts.
- Process expense reports.
- Provide accounting support processing payroll. Update changes, prepare worksheets for outside payroll service, and verify the correctness and completeness of all information.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, reviews and verifies balance sheets, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- File and maintain clerical records and reports.
- Organize and order office supplies.
- Update and maintain equipment and supplies inventory logs for insurance.
- Assist with other and special accounting projects as requested.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Prefer minimum two year degree in accounting and related accounting experience. Strong analytical, time management, organizational skills, demonstrated attention to detail, and proficiency with Excel and Word required.
Start your new career with us! Bank of Prairie du Sac has consistently received a 5 star rating from Bauer Financial. Join our team and you’ll be working in a job where you can make a difference by helping our customers with their banking needs and being a positive part of their day.
Our Universal Banker/Tellers are professionals who create first impressions and handle a variety of customer requests while following banking regulations/policies. At Bank of Prairie du Sac, we strive to provide our customers with an experience that regularly exceeds expectations and demonstrates reliability. We’re a strong community bank that offers stability to both customers and employees.
Ideal candidates are self-motivated with banking or retail experience. In this role, you will sell products and services, accept deposits and withdrawals along with loan payments, open/close accounts, and other banking services. Future responsibilities may include consumer lending and working with retirement accounts. A willingness to work 2-3 Saturday mornings per month is a must. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Our culture embraces teamwork, quality service, integrity, respect, and professionalism.
- This position is often the initial “point of contact” for the majority of customers in their day-to-day transactions
- Service for new customers and those making changes to accounts
- Accurately gather and input information from customers regarding personal information and services desired
- Inform customers, as needed, about the regulations that affect their services within the bank
- Hours for this position will be between 7:45 am - 5:30 pm Monday thru Friday and 8:45 am - 12:15 pm on Saturdays (minimum 2 a month). Additional hours may occasionally be required to help meet the needs of the customer
- Complete adequate identification of customers
- Identify customer needs and match with appropriate products or services
- Exhibit effective follow through and ownership in every customer interaction
- Stay informed of regulations and compliance with products and services, concerning the department and banking
- Accept and process customer transactions accurately and timely
- Responsible for transactions involving the safe deposit box area
- Cash checks in accordance with Bank policy
- Adhere to all bank policies and procedures
- Manage and adhere to cash drawer limits set by bank, balance assigned cash drawer in accordance to bank policy. Count, sort and package currency and coin accurately
- Participate in sales and product knowledge training and promotional meetings offered
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, each essential job duty must be completed satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to verbally communicate with co-workers and customers, accurate data entry, computer operation with basic knowledge of software like Excel and Word, ability to operate office equipment.
Candidates should possess a high school diploma or equivalent. An Associate’s degree in a related field and/or 2 years equivalent banking experience in a sales environment. Candidates must be able to exhibit interpersonal skills and have general computer and math skills.
Bank of Prairie du Sac, P.O. Box 130, Prairie du Sac, WI 53578. Equal Opportunity Employer.