Loan Operations Supervisor
Start your new job with us! Our ideal candidate will be a working supervisor who leads the team in coordinating all loan processing and servicing activities including account information, balancing accounts, and processing loan origination paperwork. We expect strong computer skills including Excel, Word and other Office skills.
Experience working with loan origination and core banking software and the servicing of all aspects of loan accounts is needed. In addition, we require supervisory experience and solid analytical/communication skills. The ability to lead the department through daily challenges of routine work along with on-going banking regulations and procedure changes is essential.
Bank of Prairie du Sac is a strong community bank that offers stability to both customers and employees. We are regular award winners from Bauer’s 5 Star ratings, Top 200 Healthiest Banks, and a 2019 Madison area Top Workplace winner.
Position oversees the management of the centralized loan administration process. Responsible for all areas of loan operations including loan servicing, preparation of loan documentation, booking of new loans, reconciliations, collateral review, payment processing, customer support, file maintenance, and record retention. This position requires in-depth knowledge of departmental operations; ability to manage, train, and motivate employees; and a working knowledge of loan operations, processes, and procedures including compliance requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the department, train and evaluate staff, prioritize work, and ensure accurate and timely completion of work.
- Ensure compliance with bank and department standards and procedures, external rules and regulations, and applicable investor requirements.
- Work with legal counsel and auditors on various regulatory and compliance issues as well as various special projects.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to staff and lending personnel.
- Perform a variety of special projects as assigned including interacting with other financial institutions; documentation and proofing of assignments; and preparation of other recordable documents as required by loan terms.
- Respond to inquiries from customers, banking staff, outside vendors; answer questions, provide documents, explain procedures, interpret policy, resolve discrepancies, and handle complex problems.
- Manage the preparation of reports regarding productivity, volume, and performance. Analyze results and recommend changes to workflow and staff assignments to ensure that departmental goals are achieved and maintained.
- Manage technical exceptions by clearing items on a weekly basis for updated reporting purposes.
- Assist lending staff with questions concerning loan documentation.
- Provide back-up to support staff on an as needed basis.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- High school graduate or equivalent required; college degree in business related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in loan operations/administration is required; management experience required.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, management, written and oral communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate with strong background in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to supervise, train, and monitor performance of staff.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
Normal office environment. The mental and physical demands are those found in a normal office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Bank of Prairie du Sac, P.O. Box 130, Prairie du Sac, WI 53578
Equal Opportunity Employer