Start your new career with us! Bank of Prairie du Sac has consistently received a 5-star rating from Bauer Financial. Join our team and you’ll be working in a job where you can make a difference by helping our customers with their banking needs and being a positive part of their day.
Our Universal Banker/Tellers are professionals who create first impressions and handle a variety of customer requests while following banking regulations/policies. At Bank of Prairie du Sac, we strive to provide our customers with an experience that regularly exceeds expectations and demonstrates reliability. We’re a strong community bank that offers stability to both customers and employees.
Ideal candidates are self-motivated with banking or retail experience. Consumer lending knowledge is a plus. In this job, you will open/close accounts, work with IRAs, CDs and consumer loans, sell products and services, accept deposits and withdrawals along with loan payments and other banking services. A willingness to work 2-3 Saturday mornings per month is a must. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Our culture embraces teamwork, quality service, integrity, respect, and professionalism.
- This position is often the initial “point of contact” for the majority of customers in their day-to-day transactions
- Service for new customers and those making changes to accounts
- Accurately gather and input information from customers regarding personal information and services desired
- Inform customers, as needed, about the regulations that affect their services within the bank
- Hours for this position will be between 7:45am-5:30pm Monday thru Friday and 8:45am-12:15pm on Saturdays (minimum 2 a month). Additional hours may occasionally be required to help meet the needs of the customer
- Complete adequate identification of customers
- Identify customer needs and match with appropriate products or services
- Exhibit effective follow through and ownership in every customer interaction
- Stay informed of regulations and compliance with products and services, concerning the department and banking
- Accept and process customer transactions accurately and timely
- Responsible for transactions involving the safe deposit box area
- Cash checks in accordance with Bank policy
- Adhere to all bank policies and procedures
- Manage and adhere to cash drawer limits set by bank, balance assigned cash drawer in accordance to bank policy. Count, sort and package currency and coin accurately
- Participate in sales and product knowledge training and promotional meetings offered
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, each essential job duty must be completed satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to verbally communicate with co-workers and customers, accurate data entry, computer operation with basic knowledge of software like Excel and Word, ability to operate office equipment.
Candidates should possess a high school diploma or equivalent. An Associate’s degree in a related field and/or 2 years equivalent banking experience in a sales environment. Candidates must be able to exhibit interpersonal skills and have general computer and math skills.
Bank of Prairie du Sac, P.O. Box 130, Prairie du Sac, WI 53578. Equal Opportunity Employer.