As with all financial transactions, please exercise discretion and be careful when using an ATM to ensure your safety. The following suggestions may be useful:
- Mark each transaction in your account record, but not while at the ATM.
- Always save your ATM receipts. Don’t leave them at the ATM as they may contain important account information.
- Compare your records with the account statements you receive.
- Do not leave your car at the ATM.
- Don’t lend your ATM card to anyone and protect your ATM card as though it were cash. Don’t tell anyone your personal identification number (PIN). Don’t give anyone information regarding your ATM card or PIN over the telephone. Don’t write your PIN where it can be discovered. For example, don’t keep a note of your PIN in your wallet or purse.
- Prevent others from seeing you enter your PIN by using your body to shield their view.
- If you lose your ATM card or if it stolen, promptly notify us at 608.643.3393 or 800.528.2273. You should consult the other disclosures you have received about electronic fund transfers for additional information about what to do if your card is lost or stolen.
- When you make a transaction, be aware of your surroundings. Look out for suspicious activity near the ATM, particularly if it is after sunset.
- Don’t accept assistance from anyone you don’t know when using an ATM.
- If you notice anything suspicious or if any other problem arises after you have begun an ATM transaction, you may want to cancel the transaction, pocket your card and leave. You might consider using another ATM or coming back later.
- Don’t display your cash; pocket it as soon as the ATM transaction is completed and count the cash later when you are in the safety of your own car, home, or other secure surrounding.
- At a drive-up facility, make sure all the car doors are locked and all the windows are rolled up, except the driver’s window. Keep the engine running and remain alert to your surroundings.
Bank of Prairie du Sac wants to provide an ATM that is safe and convenient for you. Therefore, please tell us if you know of any problem with a facility. For example, let us know if a light is not working or there is any damage to a facility. Please report any suspicious activity or crimes to Bank of Prairie du Sac and the local law enforcement officials immediately.
- COVID-19 Updates
- Financial Resolutions
- Instant Debit Cards
- Safer Holiday Shopping
- The Meaning of Community
- Brand Impersonation Scams
- Fee Vs. Free
- 3 Ways to Teach Children to Save
- Staying Secure
- Resolutions for Your Wallet
- Fake Microsoft Scam
- Planning for Student Loans
- Beneficial Ownership
- Visa Account Updater
- Equifax Data Breach
- Same Day ACH Payments
- First Checking Account
- Celebrating 100 Years
- 3 Reasons to Get Your Tax Refund Via Direct Deposit
- Tips for ATM Safety
- Chip Card Technology
- Protect Yourself From Skimmers